RHPA Victory Party
Join NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia to celebrate the enactment of the Reproductive Health Protection Act
Link to event provided to guests closer to event.
Senator Jennifer McClellan, Senate Bill Patron
House Majority Leader Charniele Herring, House Bill Patron
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
U.S. Senator Cory Booker
U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren
Please join NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia and RHPA patrons in ushering in a new era of reproductive freedom in Virginia! The Reproductive Health Protection Act (RHPA) goes into effect on July 1 and will finally get rid of the medically unnecessary restrictions on access to abortion—significantly moving our Commonwealth towards securing a future that safeguards access to abortion care and upholds basic rights and freedoms here in Virginia.
The Reproductive Health Protection Act will remove:
- The requirement for a patient to undergo a medically unnecessary ultrasound.
- The 24-hour mandatory delay, which often stretches for far longer.
- Mandated biased counseling.
- The requirement that abortion care be performed solely by physicians.
- The medically unnecessary targeted restrictions on abortion providers (TRAP laws), designed to shut down clinics and block access to abortion care.